‘Active Brains’ is a website run by the University of Southampton (referred to as the “University” or “we”, or “us”), a not-for-profit research institution, with the aim of helping people aged 60-85 with lifestyle changes and brain training activities which may help with memory and thinking skills.
1. Account terms:
• You must be aged 60 or over to use the Site. When you register, you need to give your full name and a valid email address. By registering on the Site, you confirm that the information you provide is true and accurate.
• You are responsible for the information that you enter, the activity of your account, and for keeping your account and password secure. If you know or think that anyone else knows your password, you must change it straight away. You can do this on the Site.
2. Licence to use the Site:
• We are the legal owner of all intellectual property rights on the Site, and content unless stated otherwise. These works are protected by copyright laws and we reserve all such rights.
• The Site must not be used in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Site or impairment of the availability or accessibility of it; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful.
• The content of the Site is provided for general information only and is not intended to be, or to be interpreted as, medical opinion. The Site does not contain medical advice and we recommend that you contact your GP to treat any medical or health condition.
3. User Content:
By using the Site, you are giving consent to have your data collected by the University of Southampton for the Active Brains research study. Your data will be processed as described in the Active Brains Privacy Notice.
Our cookies do not contain any information that you enter into the Site or information that would identify who you are. To use the Site you will need to accept our cookies on your internet browser. If you decide to block our cookies, the Site will not work correctly and you will not be able to use it.
5. Limited warranties :
• Although we have taken reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, we make no representation, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content of the Site is accurate, complete or up to date. We provide the Site on an “as-is” basis only.
• The Site is made available free of charge to you. We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Site.
6. Limitation and exclusion of liability:
• We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
• We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of (or inability to use) the Site, or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
7. Law and jurisdiction:
• The Active Brains Privacy Notice
Click Back to return to the previous page.